EAT YOUR HEART OUT JAMES BOND!!!!
By Jeremy Robertson
Spyware is software
hackers use to gain access to your computer, to send them your
personal information, usually for advertising purposes. They watch
you on the internet, and record and report your online activity.
They record bank transactions, e-mail addresses, credit card
numbers, social security numbers, ect. This Software is more then
just an annoyance it's a real security risk. With today's technology
it is easier then ever for somebody to steal your identity. even
downloads from the internet are bundled with Spyware. I hate to be
the bearer of bad news but if a program is FREE, Then you can pretty
much make a safe bet it is bundled with Spyware. These hackers are
really good at what they do. Example everybody gets Spam, (and I
don't mean processed meat in a can) Spam is not only for
advertising, they use a process called Phishing.
|Hackers use banks, Ebay, Paypal, And thousands of other legitimate business as fronts, trying to lure you to these bogus sites where scripts can install dangerous programs on your computer, at the very least they can harvest your email address from the reply and sell your address to more dangerous people. At this time the only thing you can do about Phishing is to verify that the email is legit, before you reply. For example Paypal will always use your first and last name in an email greeting.|
|There are literally thousands of different Spyware, Aware, and illegitimate websites that want to steal your most personal data, and NO ONE IS SAFE!!!! These hackers even go as far as to write programs that are disguised as Spyware removers, these are especially dangerous because you load the software thinking it will protect you and you are unwittingly supplying them with all the information they want. Only use software that you can trust!!!! Not sure what software to trust, then ask some one who knows!!! (like you friendly neighborhood computer tech). Programs put out by Microsoft like MS-Antispy AKA Defender are Safe and should be used. Unlike a lot of other programs that just scan your computer Antispy will run in the background and help protect you as these programs try to load. People ask me everyday how did I get this, and WHY DIDN'T MY ANTIVIRUS CATCH THIS??????? The answer to that question is pretty simple, The virus people like Symantec (the company who makes Norton) Spend all their time and money researching and developing Removers for millions of potential viruses, and just can't afford the time to create fixes and removers for Spyware to. Therefore a computer should not be without a good anti-virus and a good Spyware remover.|
10 Ways to tell if you have Spyware!!!!!
10. Your searching the net and mistype a webpage, suddenly you are
redirected to a strange search site like websearch.com, even worst
9. Your home page changes to a search page or about blank but the page is anything but blank.
8. You change your homepage only to have it change back the next time you open your browser.
7. Pop-ups!!! Need I say more? Most pop-ups are caused by Spyware. like the ones that pop up when your not even on the internet!!!!!!
6. Lots of icons on your desktop for porn, or gambling. These icons are loaded by Spyware to take you to there sites.
5. You loaded some free software (like screensavers.exe or Weather Bug) and now you have several icons on your desktop and all the above.
4. Your computer is slowing down it just don't have the speed it had new!!! (Spyware runs in the background, using valuable memory your pc needs to function properly. When the resources get low then this and the following can occur.)
3.Your pc locks up and you have to ctr-alt-del or use the reset to get it back up
2. BSOD errors (Blue Screen Of Death) This is when windows crashes and you seen a blue screen with white writing telling you your computer OS has malfunctioned.
and the most annoying and hardest to fix!!!!!
1. The Explorer error.... THIS PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED!!!! Yes spyware can even kill your internet connection and make it impossible to browse.
If you think you have Spyware, Bring your computer to us. We know how to deal with Spyware!!!